Recruit with Precision and Speed
Weighed down by mountains of resumes, tedious screening and selection processes …
Current Recruitment Trends
Over the years, many online job portals have mushroomed across the Asian job market, promoting fast solutions in managing recruitment processes. Hence, large corporations have invested huge sums of money in this arena, only to face with bigger challenges.
With a blanket of standard recruitment solutions, these online job portals are not able to support the internal recruitment processes unique to individual corporations. Instead, more bottlenecks are created in an already difficult recruiting environment.
Scrutinizing hundreds of copies of resumes received from newspaper recruitment ads and on online portals is very time consuming. With the candidates’ data still in its raw form, more time is needed to enter the data into the organization’s internal system. The extra work slows down the recruitment process.
Sorting out large pool of resumes in various formats – MS Word, Excel, Pdf – can be exhausting. With the mounting pressure to hire quickly, this painstaking task could undermine the HR’s efforts to shortlist the right candidate for an interview. Some even end up interviewing the wrong candidate for the job.
The HR department is also under pressure to achieve one of the many KPIs; to recruit a certain number of candidates in line with the growth plans of the company. They normally depend on the company’s system to generate as many resumes as possible for the selection and interviewing process. The stress to obtain the right number of resumes rapidly could result in errors in the selection.
The Ideal Solution for HR Directors
An ideal solution to the above problems would be a system that can support your company’s internal recruitment through the whole screening, selection and interviewing process.
This system must be able to import all the candidates’ resumes in different formats and integrate the information
1. into a searchable database to save precious time in data entry. Comprehensive searches can also be made based on parameters such as candidate’s qualifications, work experience or demographic profile for faster and more accurate selection.
2. It should also be able to record information on the competency levels of each candidate after the interview. This feature is vital for a recruiter to perform a detailed assessment on the suitability of a candidate.
3. An efficient staff requisition workflow and reporting system is also crucial to increase the speed and efficiency in communication between departmental heads on job opening requirements; placement of vacancy advertisements; short listing of candidates and scheduling for interviews. This streamlined process will enable the HR department to hire the right candidate within a tight timeframe.
4. For high volume recruitment, an online pre-qualification interview process can narrow down the candidates with the appropriate qualifications to help the recruiters make better and faster choices.
5. A built-in candidate bank with profiles and rankings accessible at a click of a button will cut costs and lead time of recruitment. Consolidated into one single reporting system for easy reference and management, this internal data bank can facilitate a quick search for potential candidates to fill future job openings in the company. This approach cuts back recruitment costs such as newspaper advertising costs and online portal subscription, increasing efficiency and ultimately finding the right candidate for the job.